OrthoDynamics Trigger Point Bodywork
OrthoDynamics is a Trigger Point system of bodywork developed by Geoff Beaty DN, the system is based on Ortho-Bionomy which was developed by British-trained osteopath Arthur Lincoln Pauls in the 1970s and is based on the idea that the body has an inherent ability to self-correct and heal.
OrthoDynamics is a technique that involves applying pressure to specific points in the muscles to alleviate pain and tension as well as gentle movements, stretches, and positioning of the body to encourage the body's natural self-healing mechanisms. It is often used to treat musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction. Here are some potential benefits of OrthoDynamics:
1. Pain relief: OrthoDynamics can help relieve acute and chronic pain by releasing tight muscle knots and reducing muscle tension. It is commonly used to address conditions like tension headaches, neck and shoulder pain, lower back pain and fibromyalgia.
2. Improved muscle flexibility and range of motion: By releasing muscle knots and tension, trigger point therapy can help improve the flexibility and range of motion in affected muscles. This can be especially beneficial for athletes and individuals with restricted movement due to muscle tightness.
3. Enhanced circulation: Applying pressure to trigger points can promote better blood flow to the affected area, which can help with tissue healing and reduce inflammation.
4. Reduction of muscle spasms: Trigger point therapy can help alleviate muscle spasms, which are involuntary contractions of muscles that can be painful and limiting in terms of mobility.
5. Stress reduction: The relaxation induced by trigger point bodywork can have a calming effect on the nervous system, reducing overall stress levels and promoting a sense of well-being.
6. Improved posture: Trigger point therapy can help release muscle tightness that contributes to poor posture. By addressing these issues, it may assist in improving overall posture and reducing related discomfort.
7. Complementary therapy: OrthoDynamics can be used in conjunction with Chiropractic Care, to enhance the effectiveness of treatment plans for various musculoskeletal conditions.
8. Increased body awareness: As individuals receive trigger point bodywork, they may become more aware of areas of tension and discomfort in their bodies. This heightened awareness can lead to better self-care practices and lifestyle adjustments to prevent future issues.
9. Non-invasive approach: Trigger point therapy is a non-invasive and drug-free treatment option for pain relief and muscle dysfunction, making it a suitable choice for individuals who prefer natural or holistic approaches to healthcare.
10. Short-term results: Some people experience immediate relief from pain and tension after a trigger point therapy session, making it a useful option for addressing acute discomfort.
It's important to note that while OrthoDynamics can provide many benefits, it may not be suitable for everyone, and its effectiveness can vary from person to person.
|Tags:NewsMind Body MedicineWellbeingSupportBodywork|