Crispy Golden Cauliflower
This is a warming side dish, easy to make and highly nutritious!
Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory, but only has a high absorption rate if paired with both a fat and piperine, a compound found in pepper.
This recipe contains the trio to increase bioavailability.
- Cauliflower is high in fibre and sulforaphane (both which aid in detoxification).
- Turmeric helps lower biomarkers of inflammation.
- Avocado oil is high in “good” (monounsaturated) fats.
1 Cauliflower Head.
1/3 cup Avocado Oil.
1 tsp Turmeric.
½ tsp Cumin.
¼ tsp Garlic Powder.
½ tsp Sea Salt.
Dash of Black Pepper.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees
- Chop cauliflower head into small (bite-size) florets, about ½-inch thick.
- Place florets in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, turmeric, cumin, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the spiced oil onto the cauliflower in the large bowl and toss until all florets are evenly coated.
- Tossing well is key!
- Spread the cauliflower in an even layer onto 2 large baking sheets, making sure not to overcrowd the sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and flip florets, then bake for another 10-15 minutes, until golden and crispy.
|Tags:NewsDiets & RecipesCancer|