Home >  Blog >  Is Your Toothpaste Toxic?

Is Your Toothpaste Toxic?

Posted by Geoff Beaty on 31 July 2021
Is Your Toothpaste Toxic?

Toxic preservatives are found commonly in your soaps, lotions, sunscreen and more!

One of them is methylisothiazolinone.

Methylisothiazolinone (MI) is a chemical added to toothpaste, mouthwash, lotions, shampoos, dishwashing liquid and laundry detergents that increases product shelf life, but also acts as a potent trigger for angry inflammation, allergic reactions, mouth sores and skin rashes. 

These are signs of harm and damage.

Many companies are voluntarily removing MI from their products.

The European Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety, said that there is "no safe concentration" of this chemical for leave-on products like lotions.

For some people, the smallest exposure triggers painful reactions. Now we can add MI to the list of chemicals that should not be in or on our bodies.

Remember that there is very little regulation of cleaning supplies and cosmetics.

It is up to you to be an educated consumer.

I advocate supporting companies that choose to manufacture safe products.  The primary contributor to cancer and other serious immune diseases is exposure to toxic chemicals.

Author:Geoff Beaty
Tags:NewsPrevention & RecoveryCancerEnvironmental toxins

Associations

  • The Institute for Functional Medicine
  • Society for Integrative Oncology
  • American Society of Clinical Oncology
  • Australasian Integrative Medicine Association
  • Naturopaths and Herbalists Association of Australia